Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ten Lists to Help You

Antje graciously lent me a copy of the book, The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity. It's written by Julia Cameron, who writes movies, plays, magazine articles, and gives workshops on creativity. This book is packed with suggestions and here are some lists of the many lists she highly recommends to help you be your more of a creator. Her first advice is to write 3 pages daily - just to get the crud out of your thinking.

Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace, and power it it. --Goethe

Note: Titles of the lists are provided but YOU have to fill them up! These are designed to help you get past the clutter in your existence so you can create more.

1. If I had 5 other lives to lead, I would do the following in each of them.

2. My 5 Major Activities in a Given Week.

3. 20 Things I Enjoy Doing.

4. 10 Tiny Changes I Would Like to Make in My Life....Now.

5. 5 Traits I Like in Myself as a Child.

6. 5 Childhood Accomplishments.

7. 3 Rotten Habits of Mine.

8. 5 Friends Who Nurture Me.

9. 5 People I Admire.

10. 5 People I Secretly Admire.

Get busy! More to come later.