Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Batman and I

You may not read Mixonian for the movie reviews but I wanted to share with you my impression of the Batman movie, I think it's called The Dark Knight. It has been a while since I've seen a Batman movie; it's been many many years since my mother pinned dishtowels on my shoulders so I could run around like Batman, Robin, and of course the glamorous Cat Woman. My brother, John Del, played the role of Robin, but now I wonder if he harbored a desire to topple his big sister and be Batman himself!

The scoop is....I didn't like the movie last night. At all. It was too dark, too creepy, and too violent. It put a (temporary) damper on my sunny disposition and I am so grateful to have only paid the matinee price!

My reaction to this movie reminds me of how much our surroundings influence us: the media products we see, the books we read, the music we listen to, the kind of people we hang around with. Studies show that optimistic people are happier and more successful; don't let Batman or the evening news put you in a dark frame of mind.