Sunday, June 29, 2008

Adult Games

Naturally, Mixonian is referring to games for adults to enhance productivity and enlightenment!

Crafty Sally explains her Project Cup Game:

Last week, because I had sooooo many projects going on and I wanted to do them ALL, I wrote each one on a little piece of paper, folded it up, and put it in a cup. Every day I was so excited to get home, get my chores done, and pull a project out of that cup to work on. Each project was a reward!

When that was finished I could pull out another project. So what did I accomplish last week? I got labels made and attached to 8 quilts, made and attached hanging sleeves to 7 quilts, made a bed bench, a window pane mirror, 3 little pillows for the bed bench, 3 silverware windchimes, and finished the Sister Chicks wall hanging. That’s pretty ambitious for 5 days, don’t you think?

My project cup is now empty, but that’s not a bad thing. It simply means that I only have one thing going right now.

Christine recommends The Prosperity Game.

To increase your wealth consciousness, meaning to see the man in the moon within the realm of prosperity thinking, Christine introduced me to the Prosperity Game. It opens your mind to new possibilities and can lighten up, and enlighten up your day.

Finally, Mark's Theory of Least Attractive Job:

This theory posits that in order to avoid the least attractive job, a person will do almost anything. In his case, rather than work on his master's thesis, he completely landscaped the backyard. So, while the thesis took about a year longer than necessary, he and his family now enjoy a lovely backyard with entertaining area. I have applied this theory to get my ironing done, a task that becomes enticingly attractive compared to the alternative of the 30th day of writing about charisma.

The Mixonian game, the free drawing for a beautiful alpaca scarf ends TOMORROW. To enter this free drawing simply 1) click on the photo of the scarf to visit Caroline's alpaca website and 2) send a blank email with the word "alpaca" in the subject line to mixonian@gmail.com