Friday, January 23, 2009

What's Up with the Business Warrior?

Looking again at the "Business Warrior" article by David Cameron Gikandi, I realize that it's a bit long for ultra-busy Mixonian readers. So I'm summarizing a few points, to share with you what I think is really outstanding about this thinking.

1. Getting more prosperity into your life requires that you make a major shift in thinking. It's like getting in shape, once you really commit, the path opens up.

Like the saying goes, when you're truly ready to learn, the teacher shows up. That has happened with me with my business coach. At just the right moment, the right person started offering small business coaching. As soon as I found out about it, I knew it was an investment I had to make.

2. Almost anything is possible. You can do things now you couldn't do before. You can learn what you need to achieve your goals, once you're committed.

This was illustrated through the change in the character of Liza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. Learning to speak differently opened up a new world to her. That story is also a great endorsement for communication experts! :-)

3. Your business, or your job, is the workout you get to see if your thinking is getting you the prosperity you desire. It's your training. It's not so much which business or job you have, it's how you carry it out. As long as you remain committed to your goals, the right customer, the right opportunity, the right contact will show up.

That's why some people excel in a number of diverse business ventures; they got learned that business success is an inside job.

Happy Week-end. Take a recess from the recession!