Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Have a Great Day, Everyday

One good way to start the day is reading Mixonian. But, there's more for you to do to get your day off to a fabulous start.

You want to start by getting a clear idea of how you'd like to experience this day. You can even do this before you drop off to sleep the night before -- just ponder how you'd like the next day to go.

Keep in mind that you are constantly making decisions, both consciously and subconsciously. You decide to act in certain situations and in other situations you decide to react.

Of course you want to have a good day, but what does that really mean? What do you really want to accomplish, and how do you want to react to the unexpected things that crop up - both desirable and not so.

Once you know so clearly the priorities of the day -- and there should be only a very few things that absolutely must be accomplished -- you tend to get them done.

And there are those knee-jerk bad habits of reacting we want to root out.

Consider these ways of reacting when unwanted X happens:

"See, I knew things would never work out; they never do."

"Obviously that person is still trying to sabotage me!!"

"I knew they wouldn't want to buy my product, why am I even trying?"

To start changing these reactions, consider how you'd like to react and make an affirmation of it that you repeat to yourself whenever you have the chance. Here are some examples of ways to program your brain so that you react in a more positive fashion to the inevitable icky stuff:

"No matter what happens, things will work out for the very best."

"I am authentic and at peace with everyone in my life."

"Everything I do moves me closer to my goals."

"All my relationships are joyful and profitable."

You may want to write your own. The idea is the train yourself (dare I say "discipline") to react pro-actively and not waste as much time feeling angry, sad, or sorry for oneself.

Like everyone, you have so many ways of responding to life on autopilot; some ways are helpful and some less so. Certain people, remarks, and events can trigger automatic responses that we think are inevitable. But that is not the case, you can teach yourself to be more open-minded and find more good, more easily.

Decide in advance how you want your day to unfold, and see how the reality grows to meet your expectations.